levi's travelblog

Since I´m going traveling for a pretty lengthy time, I decided to skip the group emails and instead write a weblog. Please go ahead and post replies if the spirit moves you, or send me an email. I can´t promise timely replies though as I probably won´t be spending much time on the internet. However, I can promise to try and keep the blog interesting and not too long!

Monday, February 28, 2005

a really short one

Sorry I haven't had time lately to make entries, and this will be a very short one. My Oxford Spanish/English dictionary is a bit strange. It neglected to translate "sunscreen," but it does have "subsoil," "subterfuge," and "ragamuffin." Still, it's generally useful and I've been referring to it about 50 times a day. In response to one of Martino's questions, churritos = tamales con carne = not for Levi. The other word I don't know yet, but yes I've been walking a lot. This would not be a good city if you're in a wheelchair - the sidewalks constantly disappear and reappear, are usually may 2 ft. wide, and are up to 3 feet raised from the sidewalk. I won't say any more til I can describe in proper detail.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tino said...

No, Levi, hehe. CHUCHITOS, beans and rice but I could be wrong.
CATRIN is Guatemalan slang for an elegant gentleman. I assume you being
politely elegant right? ;0)

8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home